By THE NATION
MEA governor Keerapat Jiamset said on Tuesday (May 19) that “the authority had signed a memorandum of understanding with Origin Property Plc in which MEA will provide technical guidance for efficient energy usage management and the use and storage of renewable energy called Smart Eco System to property projects under Origin’s management”.
“In the initial phase MEA and Origin will start [collaborating] at Origin Smart City Ramintra,” said Pheeraphong Jaroon-Ake, chief executive officer of Origin Property Plc. “This Bt6 billion project features condominiums, office buildings, hotels, service apartments and a community mall on 13 rai of land in the Ramintra area.
“We aim to make this project a pilot smart city with a state-of-the-art electricity system with the help of MEA,” added Pheeraphong.
“The project will feature both a BEMS [Building Engineering Management System] and HEMS [Home Engineering Management System] with an underground powerline network and renewable energy storage facilities in all key areas to ensure that both residential and communal areas are powered by clean energy.”
The Origin Smart City Project will have five key features:
1. Smart Tech: Various cutting-edge technologies will be used to enhance the urban living experience.
2. Smart Eco: Use of renewable energy under an efficient management system that ensures a sustainable future.
3. Smart Community: Mixed-use facilities with an all-in-one service to meet every need of the modern generation.
4. Smart Security: State-of-the-art security system to ensure peace of mind of all residents
5. Smart Wellness: Use of modern innovations to promote healthy and balanced lifestyles.
The first phase of the project to construct eight condominium buildings began in quarter four of 2019 and is expected to be complete before the first quarter of 2021.