The Cabinet Monday approved a draft ministerial directive that defines 10 legal cases that will fall under jurisdiction of the Department of Special Investigation.
The initial draft of the Justice Ministry proposed 14 types of cases to be handled by the DSI but the Cabinet reduced the cases to be 10 types.
The ten types of cases to be handled by the DSI are:
1) Violations of Computer Crime Act
2) Violations of Foreign Business Act
3) Violations related to human trafficking
4) Crimes related to mining
5) Crimes related to financial institutions
6) Crimes related to comestics
7) Crimes related to dangerous substances
8) Crimes related to medicine
9) Crimes related to foods
10) Cases related to internal security, terrorism and passports.
The draft will be sent to be scrutinsed by the Council of State before it will be announced in the Royal Gazette.