Kuala Lumpur (dpa) - Two new pieces of debris found in Maldives have been brought to Malaysia for examination into possible links to missing flight MH 370, a senior official said Sunday.
One piece of the debris is a honeycomb-like material while the other piece has a flat surface, according to Malaysian Transport Minister Liow Tiong Lai.
"We will leave it to the experts to conduct out their analysis," he told reporters after attending a political meeting in central Kuala Lumpur, adding it will not take long to determine if these are plane materials.
Malaysian experts earlier ruled out debris previously recovered in Maldives as being linked to the disappeared Malaysian Airlines flight.
The plane disappeared without a trace with 239 people aboard about an hour after it left Kuala Lumpur en route to Beijing on March 8, 2014.The plane mysteriously changed course and went out over the Indian Ocean before losing all contact.
Sixteen months later, debris washed up on the French island of Reunion near Madagascar and was examined by aviation experts in southern France.
Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak announced last week that the wreckage was "conclusively" found to be from the missing aircraft.
A French court official said there was "very strong supposition" that the wing part was from the missing plane.