A 71-year-old Oman man who was confirmed to have contacted the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome virus has been cured and allowed to leave Thailand, Public Health’s Permanent Secretary Sophon Methon told a press conference Thursday.
Sophon said the Oman man’s blood has been tested negative to the virus by the labs twice so it was confirmed that he had been completely cured.
Speaking at the same press conference Doctor Amnuay Kajina said the Oman man was treated in the Bamrasnaradura Infectious Diseases Institute for 21 days.
Doctor Jariya Saengsajja, the director of the institute said the man and his son who were quarantined with him were discharged from the hospital Thursday. They left Thailand with two other sons of the Oman man on the same day.
Jariya said the Oman embassy offered to shoulder the medical cost of the man for Bt420,000.