Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Squirrel blamed for fire guts Pattaya club

Mar 15. 2017
Facebook Twitter

By The Nation 

A squirrel was blamed for transformer explosion which led to a fire broke out at an entertainment venue on Pattaya City’s Walking Street in Chon Buri's Bang Lamung district Wednesday morning.

No one was injured.

City mayor Pol Maj-General Anan Charoenchasri said the blaze started after a squirrel triggered an electrical problem.

Following the fire report at about 8am, Muang Pattaya Police Station investigation superintendent Colonel Chatchapil Pattarasiriporn contacted the Fire Department and five fire engines were dispatched. It took firefighters about 30 minutes to extinguish the blaze, which destroyed the inside of the Rock Street Pattaya club. 

A cleaner told police she heard the transformer in front of the shop explode three times before the flames spread quickly in the business and she and fellow workers fled the building and alerted police.

Facebook Twitter
More in News
Editor’s Picks
Top News