By The Nation
The measures gifted under the banner “Kao Cheunban, Raeng Ngan Cheunjai” (nine refreshing things to please workers) are:
- “Cheunchop Chang Raeng Ngan”: A total of 77 service points will be set up nationwide to repair and maintain cars and motorcycles from December 29, 2017 to January 4
- “Cheunchom Chang Pracha Rath”: A total of 1,000 “Pracha Rath” repairmen nationwide whose skills are up to the ministry’s standard will repair appliances for a low-cost fee
- “Cheunmeun Mee Ngan Tham”: A total of 70,000 job positions would be available for disabled elderly people – the latter of whom would have 2,500 positions
- “Cheunban Ban Pracha Rath”: People insured under the Social Security Office (SSO) will be eligible for 5,000 house purchase loans, each worth up to Bt1 million, with a low annual interest rate of 3 per cent for three years from the Government Housing Bank, Government Savings Bank and Krungthai Bank
- “Cheunjai Kha Liangdo Butr”: About 1.2 million SSO insured persons will benefit from a recent hike to Bt600 per head per month in the child support allowance – compared to the previous rate of Bt400. The allowance is provided for up to three children and coverage from birth until six years of age.
- “Cheunjit Sitthi Phuprakanton”: About 2.4 million insured persons under the SSO Act’s Section 40 (including off-system workers, freelancers) will benefit from the recent hike of Bt300 per day in [temporary sickness or injury-induced inability to earn] income compensation, up from the previous Bt200 a day, and from a hike in death compensation to Bt40,000 from the previous Bt20,000
- “Cheunsook Riakrak Sitthi”: Convenient channels for SSO insured people’s inquiries about their entitled benefits and welfare via www.labour.go.th and the hotline 1506
- “Cheun Chiva Rairok Najor”: A smartphone application for office workers to download and learn to prevent and treat “sick office syndromes” and ensure a safe working environment
- “Cheunta Asa Raeng Ngan”: An addition of 253 volunteers in Bangkok to promote labour-related news and benefits . They join 7,200 such volunteers already enrolled nationwide.