Friday, September 20, 2019

Pattaya apartment fire starts with a bang

Dec 29. 2017
Facebook Twitter

By The Nation

2,853 Viewed

An electrical transformer mounted on a pole adjacent to a Pattaya apartment building’s second floor exploded early Friday morning, setting part of the building on fire.

Tourists and residents were drawn by the 5am blast and resulting fire at the Momento Apartment and Restaurant in Chon Buri’s Bang Lamung district. 

Some suggested the apartment block had been built too close to to the high-voltage power pole, perhaps illegally.

Four fire engines responded and crews spent half an hour extinguishing the blaze.

Police suspect that a short circuit caused the explosion and fire.

The apartment building’s maintenance room and several vacant flats were damaged, but no one was injured.

Tags:
Facebook Twitter
More in News
Editor’s Picks
Top News