By Dethawee Theewarangkool
One tourist suffered burns while another choked from the smoke, deputy inspector Pol Lieutenant Kewaleesiri Phasukthanapaisal of Muang Pattaya precinct said.
Witnesses told police that the transformer, which had been installed on Friday, exploded and caused the fire at 10pm. Police suspect a short circuit might have caused the explosion.
The blaze quickly spread to two neighbouring bars – Titanic and Ann-Ann. Sixteen motorbikes parked on the street as well as the opposite building that housed a barber shop, a salon and a restaurant were also partially damaged by the heat. Firefighters took about half an hour to put out the fire.
Total damage is estimated as Bt5 million.