Wednesday, April 01, 2020

Snoozing boy rescued from Chai Nat house fire

Apr 06. 2018
Facebook Twitter

By The Nation

A 10-year-old boy in Chai Nat had a close call on Friday morning when a fire broke out on the second floor of his family’s home while he was fast asleep downstairs.

Police and fire-fighters, alerted at 7.30am to the blaze in the house in Moo 4, Tambon Wat Khok, Manorom district, found Pornpipat Ketphet still sleeping on the ground floor and rushed him outside.

The fire was extinguished in an hour after gutting the entire building and damaging a motorcycle.

The boy, trembling in fear, said he’d heard an explosion but, with Songkran approaching, thought it was fireworks, so he went back to sleep, only waking when he was being carried outside.

House owner Termporn Ketphet, 59, the boy’s grandmother, said she and her son had left for work at 7am.

She rushed home on hearing her house was ablaze. She was greatly relieved that her grandson was unharmed.

Tags:
Facebook Twitter
More in News
Editor’s Picks
wmg-logo
Top News
wmg-logo