Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Lazada boasts record growth

May 11. 2018
Facebook Twitter

By The Nation

2,919 Viewed

Lazada, the online shopping and selling site, said it celebrated its sixth anniversary with a 240 per cent increase in its number of active sellers as well as three times more customers signing up on Lazada Wallet.

Last month during a three-day promotion, the numbers of sellers rose 110 per cent faster than in last year’s anniversary campaign. 

This seller-focused initiative is in line with Thailand’s Smart Business Transformation programme, helping strengthen the digital capabilities of SMEs, which are cited as a major economic driver. 

Throughout the campaign, 47 per cent of sellers were from outside Bangkok, of which 37 per cent came from northern and eastern provinces, with central, south and western Thailand accounting for the remaining 63 per cent.

Lazada said its new payment option makes purchases faster and more convenient. It said its warehouses could ship 65 parcels a minute, including bulky items such as washing machines and large televisions, which were the best-selling large items throughout the anniversary campaign. 

The fastest same-day delivery parcel was delivered in 2 hours 58 minutes from the main warehouse to a customer in Chatuchak, it said. 

Alessandro Piscini, CEO Lazada in Thailand, said: “This year’s anniversary campaign focused on making both the selling and buying experiences seamless and convenient. We are the leading e-commerce platform in the region, and in order to maintain this stronghold, we are constantly innovating. 

“Our support for our sellers, in making payments and shipments as fast and efficient as possible, has resulted in a record-breaking anniversary campaign for our sellers. We are proud of this partnership and excited to see what we can achieve in the year ahead.”

Facebook Twitter
More in News
Editor’s Picks
Top News