Sunday, January 19, 2020

Six injured as cans of paint thinner explode in Phatthalung

Oct 20. 2018
Facebook Twitter

By The Nation

The owner of a sign making shop in Phatthalung and five workers were injured on Friday when cans of paint thinner exploded after they grilled fish near the cans, police said.

Firefighters put out the blaze, at Apai Bori Rak in Muang district, before it spread to a 7-Eleven shop next door.

The shop, that makes vinyl signs and stickers, is owned by Nanthapong Boonyome, 30, who was injured along with his five workers. Two of the six were severely injured.

The injured were taken to Piyarak Hospital and Phatthalung Hospital.

Some of the workers told police that Nanthapong was drinking with his employees at the back of the shop and one of them was grilling fish when the explosion occurred at about 11.40pm.

Police believe the charcoal was put too close to the cans of paint thinner and the heat caused the cans to explode.

Tags:
Facebook Twitter
More in News
Editor’s Picks
wmg-logo
Top News
wmg-logo