Thursday, August 22, 2019

Patong blaze causes Bt60m damage

Apr 13. 2019
Facebook Twitter

By The Thaiger

3,705 Viewed

An estimated Bt60 million in damage was caused when fire swept through a row of shops in Banana Walk on Thaweewong Road in Patong on Friday night.

The fire started in a faulty electrical transformer and quickly escalating to engulf nearby roadside shops.

Firefighters and emergency responders arrived at the scene at 7.40pm.

It took about three hours to extinguish the fire.

No injuries were reported.

Patong Police Chief Col Anothai Jindamanee said: “At this stage we believed that the fire has started from an electric transformer. However the forensic police are continuing their investigation.”

About 10 clothing and souvenirs shops were damaged or destroyed in the blaze.

Tags:
Facebook Twitter
More in News
Editor’s Picks
Top News