Monday, August 26, 2019

Poison mushroom alert in Tak after three Myanmar migrants die

Jun 01. 2019
Facebook Twitter

By The Nation

1,371 Viewed

Local residents in the northern province of Tak have been warned to avoid poisonous wild mushrooms after three Myanmar workers died after eating them.

On Friday, Mae Sot Hospital director Somyos Krinthathan led hospital officials to alert the public about the danger of consuming wild mushrooms.

Somyos said a lot of wild mushrooms had grown after the rainy season started.

He said three Myanmar workers collected and ate a type of wild mushroom that looked like eggs in Ban Thongchai village in Tambon Dan Mae Lamao recently and died.

Somyos and hospital officials have handed out pamphlets in Thai and Myanmar languages to advise them of the danger.

Somyos said people needed to be made aware of the danger urgently to prevent more deaths.

Tags:
Facebook Twitter
More in News
Editor’s Picks
Top News