Sunday, November 17, 2019

Faulty radio electrocutes monk

Jun 24. 2019
Facebook Twitter

By The Nation

879 Viewed

A monk was electrocuted while adjusting the antenna of his radio in a temple in Buri Ram’s Krasang district, his younger brother said Monday.

Pian Pakdiew, 51, said his brother, Phra Kuang Kittiparo, 57, was found dead in front of his living quarters at Wat Thung Sawang in Moo 7 village in Tambon Sung None on Saturday, the antenna of his radio set still in his hands and his left hand badly burned.

Pian said the monk liked to listen to dharma and news programmes.

Sivakorn Kampleng, the village head, said the monk might have bought a substandard radio set from a mobile vendor and the set, which was plugged into a wall socket, shorted.

Tags:
Facebook Twitter
More in News
Editor’s Picks
Top News