Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Huawei chief confident of bump in phone shipments over last year

Jul 24. 2019
Facebook Twitter

By The Nation

Huawei Technologies founder and chief executive Ren Zhengfei expects the Shenzhen-based firm to ship 270 million handsets globally this year despite being on the US “entity list” that effectively bans it from doing business with US suppliers.

 

In his recently-published interview with Yahoo Finance, Ren said that the company’s two smartphone brands, Huawei and Honor, will in 2019 record an increase of 30 per cent from its total shipments of 206 million last year.

His prediction is based on figures from Kantar Worldpanel ComTech’s survey conducted in China. In addition, the survey showed that Huawei’s two phone brands now account for 46.1 per cent of the Chinese market share in the second quarter, confirming its leading position in the domestic market. 

“We expect the total shipment of smartphones to reach 270 million units,” Ren said. 

“If US companies were to stop supplying us altogether, our production would not stop for a single day in the future. Rather, we would ramp up production. There’s no lethal risk that threatens Huawei’s survival at all,” he insisted.

Tags:
Facebook Twitter
More in Business
Editor’s Picks
wmg-logo
Top News
wmg-logo