Sat, May 28, 2022

in-focus

No casualties as four-storey building in Nakhon Ratchasima catches fire


An apartment in Nakhon Ratchasima province caught fire early on Saturday, but there were no casualties, police said.

At 3.45am, Sawang Mettathammasathan rescue team was informed that "Saeng Tawan Apartment" in Muang district was on fire. The four-storey apartment had 52 rooms and 35 residents.
A fire alarm alerted residents but they said they could not find an exit due to the smoke that spread in the building. So, they decided to climb to the fourth floor and gathered on the balcony to shout for help.
Five fire engines were sent by the local government to put out the fire. The rescue team approached the building from a narrow alley to help the trapped residents.
Twenty-one residents were admitted to hospital after choking in smoke.
An inspection pointed out that the fire originated from a room where the control panels of electricity and TV cables were situated. Initially, this incident was caused by a short circuit.

Published : October 24, 2020

By : THE NATION