By The Nation
Family Protector offers nine choices of coverage, including surgery related to complicated pregnancies and cover for newborns for up to 365 days without extra premium.
According to a 2018 report from the Public Health Ministry, the top five causes of death among Thais are cancer, cerebrovascular disease, chronic lung disease, heart disease and fatal road accidents, with cases of critical illnesses rising every year. Plus, soaring medical costs are a serious concern for most families.
Angela Hunter, country president for Chubb Life Thailand, said: “Chubb Life Thailand’s vision is to help people live their lives with confidence by designing health, protection and financial well-being solutions that meet their specific needs. At Chubb Life, we look at every detail of their lives. Therefore, our health portfolio is expanding to cater to millennial families with more comprehensive protection for each member. With medical costs increasing almost 10 per cent annually, Family Protector is designed to support quality hospitalisation and major surgical operations expenses that young families face. Family Protector has extensive coverage for the needs of most households, including families with children, newlyweds, parents-to-be, or single adults wanting coverage for their parents. A special discount is offered when two family members purchase the product together.”
The Family Protector offers the following benefits:
• Coverage for major surgery including invasive cancer surgery, as well as major surgery on the heart, brain or surgery from accidents, pregnancy complications as well as surgery for congenital abnormalities in newborns, etc.
• Daily hospitalisation compensation of up to Bt19,500 per day.
• Double payout of Bt39,000 for insured persons up to the age of 18.
• Coverage for special treatments like chemotherapy, radiotherapy, targeted therapy, haemodialysis, stroke rehabilitation, as well as hospice care.
• Capped benefit payment with a choice of Bt1 million, Bt5 million or Bt10 million per policy year.
• Special discounts for family members when two people purchase the product together and policies are approved.
• Eligible for personal income tax deduction according to Revenue Department’s regulations.
Read more about the Family Protector policy at www.chubb.com/th-th/personal/family-protector.html