Thursday, November 14, 2019

Sprinklers and emergency lights help firefighters control hotel blaze

May 11. 2012
Facebook Twitter

3,380 Viewed

Firefighters were able to control a blaze at Swissotel Le Concorde on Rachadaphisek road in Huay Kwang district on Friday quickly thanks to the efficiency of the fire alarm system, the Huay Kwang director said.

The fire crew managed to extinguish the fire at the hotel that broke out at about 11.30am within half an hour thanks to the safety system that included water sprinklers and emergency lights, Chumpon Chaokoh said.

The fire sent guests and staff running out in panic from the 25floor hotel with 400 rooms, as traffic on the alreadycongested road backed up.
By noon, the fire was out, though thick smoke remained. Dujduen Tienampai, a hotel worker, suffered from injures related to choking and was rushed to a Rama IX hospital.
The initial police investigation revealed that the fire had started in a storage room in the hotel’s basement. However the fire did not impact the hotel building because the storage room is in the connecting building.
Meanwhile Pol Col Boonsong Namkorn, Huaykwang police chief, said the fire may have been caused by an electrical fault and that the storage room was full of inflammable items. The cost of damage is still to be estimated.
 

Tags:
Facebook Twitter
More in News
Editor’s Picks
Top News