Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Shrine bomber promised trip to Turkey

Oct 08. 2015
Facebook Twitter

By The Nation

2,523 Viewed

A prime suspect in the Erawan Shrine bomb attack has told his lawyer that he was promised an opportunity to travel to Turkey if he planted the bomb as near to the crowded tourist attraction as possible.
Bilal Mohammed, previously identified as Adem Karadag, spoke to his lawyer Chuchart Kanphai in English Thursday. 
The attack took place on August 17, killing 20 people and injuring more than 100 others. 
The following day, another blast near the Sathorn pier did not cause any casualties. Ongoing investigations suggest the two blasts are related. 
“Bilal is aware that his alleged crime carries a heavy penalty and hopes his confession will entitle him to a penalty reduction,” Chuchart said after visiting his client at a temporary prison inside a military base.

Tags:
Facebook Twitter
More in News
Editor’s Picks
Top News