Monday, August 19, 2019

Rajabhakti team mum

Jan 04. 2016
Facebook Twitter

By The Nation

3,695 Viewed

THE Defence Ministry panel looking into the Rajabhakti Park scandal says it has no plans to release its investigation results to the public.

Nor will it submit the results to the Office of the Auditor-General (OAG), which is also investigating alleged corruption.

“We have checked all facts about the Rajabhakti Park project. It’s not about nailing down culprits,” the ministry’s permanent secretary General Preecha Chan-o-cha said yesterday.

He explained that his ministry had already provided all relevant information on the project, except identifying culprits. That would be the duty of other related agencies.

The Defence Ministry set up the fact-finding panel late last year, after the park project became mired in corruption allegations. The park is located on land owned by the Army in Hua Hin.

At the centre of the scandal is Deputy Defence Minister General Udomdej Sitabutr, who was Army chief when the park, which features giant statues of seven former Thai kings, was being built.

Preecha said yesterday he personally believed that Udomdej had nothing to do with the corruption.

“But I am not sure about others who have taken part in the project,” he said.

 

Tags:
Facebook Twitter
More in News
Editor’s Picks
Top News