Monday, November 30, 2020

Chinese man banned for five years

Mar 08. 2016
Facebook Twitter

By The Nation

Immigration Police confirmed yesterday confirmed that it revoked the visa of Chinese businessman Su Su, who was linked to an attempted heist at a Bangkok gun store last week. He would also be barred from re-entering Thailand for five years, Immigration Po
Su Su was accused of providing phone Sim cards to the robbers. Police said his behaviour constituted a threat to national security and that he would be deported this week, although he is not a suspect or a person of interest in the robbery case. 
Deputy national police spokesman Pol Colonel Kissana Phathancharoen affirmed that police had not filed any charges against the businessman. 
Immigration Police had also been directed to conduct stricter screenings of visitors, especially foreigners with criminal records, Kissana said, adding that authorities would soon employ biometrics technology in the screening process. 
Acting head of the Metropolitan Police Bureau Lt-General Sanit Mahathavorn yesterday revealed progress police had made investigating the foiled gun robbery in which four Chinese suspects were arrested and one shot dead. He said he had ordered officers to investigate gang leader Zheng Yang’s claim that they wanted to sell stolen weapons in China, where they would fetch a good price. 
Three other suspects will join Zheng in detention soon at a temporary jail at the 11th Army Circle for questioning, Sanit said. Zheng was brought to Pattaya yesterday to re-enact the renting of a motorbike for the robbery. 

Tags:
Facebook Twitter
More in News
Editor’s Picks
wmg-logo
Top News
wmg-logo