By The Nation
Apple said in a press statement that the game has been launched in as a free Apple Watch app.
The app will allow Apple Watch uses to explore and experience the world around them directly from their wrists, whether they’re tracking wild Pokémon or trying to hatch the new Pokémon monsters.
Using Apple Watch to play Pokémon GO, players both exercise and explore the real world.
Pokemon trainers can easily interact with Pokémon GO on Apple Watch using quick taps to discover nearby Pokémon and collect items.
Once they encounter a Pokémon, they can catch it via iPhone. In the Niantic tradition of getting people moving, Trainers can log their play sessions through the Apple Watch app as a Workout that will count towards their personal Activity rings, while also tracking steps towards hatching Pokémon eggs.
Core features of Pokémon GO for Apple Watch allow players to:
- Log each play session as a Workout, with gameplay counting towards personal Activity rings
- Receive notifications about nearby Pokémon
- Count steps towards hatching Pokémon eggs and receiving candies via your buddy Pokémon
- Receive notifications about PokéStops nearby and collect items from them
- Receive notifications when eggs hatch and badges are awarded.