By The Nation
The fight led to one student receiving multiple knife wounds and another a severed arm. Both the injured were 18-year-old Krungthon students who are recovering in hospital.
City police chief Lt-General Sanit Mahathavorn said on Monday that a 20-strong group of Rajasitharam students allegedly blocked the road with motorcycles and launched an attack with knives and five small bombs against the rival students, who were waiting for a bus on Soi Phetchkasem 36.
So far, police have issued summonses for two students and brought one 17-year-old Rajasitharam student into custody after his surrender on Saturday, Sanit said. The teenager, who is facing an attempted murder charge, told police that he took a knife to the attack which was in retaliation for an August 11 attack on him allegedly orchestrated by Krungthon students.
Sanit said the colleges’ decision to close for three days was a short-term solution to the problem. Later this week, he will have discussions with related parties to find measures to prevent such brawls, which he said stemmed from a twisted idea passed on from one generation of students to the next.