By The Nation
The fire broke out at 12.30am on Monday in the Western Ban Krua Community on Soi 12 off Ram VI road in Ratchathewi’s Thanon Phayathai sub-district.
Ten fire engines took about 30 minutes to control the blaze.
Neighbours said the fire started on the second floor of a house with rented rooms near the entrance to the community and quickly spread to nearby wooden houses.
The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration set up a temporary shelter at Wat Phra Ya Yung School for those made homeless by the fire.
Police believe the fire was caused by a short circuit.
Nobody was hurt.