Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Fire destroys modified electric car while family sleeps upstairs

May 05. 2018
Facebook Twitter

By The Nation

2,303 Viewed

Firefighters broke into a shophouse in Pathum Thani to put out a blaze that engulfed a modified electric car while its owner, his family and a worker slept unknowing upstairs early on Saturday.

The Muang Pathum Thani police station and fire station were alerted to the fire at 1:20am and 10 fire engines were dispatched to the three-storey shophouse in front of Pathum Thani Hospital.

Arriving firefighters encountered black smoke pouring out from the ground floor while the front metal rolling door was closed. Firefighters cut open the door and found a Toyota engulfed in the fire.

They took about four minutes to put out the blaze.

Firefighters went upstairs to find Phaisal Tungyarit, 65, and his wife and two children sleeping in their third-floor bedroom, while a worker slept in another bedroom on the same floor.

Phaisal said he had modified the car use to use a battery and solar cell panel. The car was being charged with a wall plug when he went to sleep.

Tags:
Facebook Twitter
More in News
Editor’s Picks
wmg-logo
Top News
wmg-logo