Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Couple electrocuted in Kalasin freshwater prawn pond

May 10. 2018
Facebook Twitter

By The Nation

1,894 Viewed

A couple was electrocuted in their freshwater prawn pond in Kalasin’s Yang Talad on Thursday morning, police said.

The Na Koong police station were alerted at 9am to the deaths of Wanchai Inlee, 49, and his wife, Thaworn Muthaporn, 46.

Neighbours found the couple lying face-down at the edge of the pond.

Police found that the power cable for an electric pump at the pond had a cut. They believe it had electrified the pond.

Neighbours said they were cutting grass nearby and heard the wife shout once and then the husband also shout, before both turned silent. The neighbours thought the couple had yelled after catching large prawns, but when they later came to see the catch found that both of them had died.

Police suspect that the husband turned on the pump, causing a short circuit that hit his wife, and was then also electrocuted when he rushed to rescue her.

Tags:
Facebook Twitter
More in News
Editor’s Picks
Top News