Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Monkey electrocuted in Sa Kaew market

May 29. 2018
Facebook Twitter

By The Nation

Local residents from a market area in Sa Kaew’s Mueang district gathered to say a final goodbye to a monkey that had lived in the market for years, after it was electrocuted on Tuesday morning.

The animal was badly burned as a result of short-circuit from a transformer atop an electricity pole while climbing among the power cables at Mueang Kaew market, as was its usual routine.

Locals heard two explosions and found the monkey lying on the road. It died about 10 minutes later.

The short-circuit occurred following morning rains.

Residents said the monkey had been living in the market for years.

They had asked officials to capture it for release into the forest, but it had always managed to escape such attempts.

Facebook Twitter
More in News
Editor’s Picks
Top News