Thursday, September 24, 2020

Farmer electrocuted in Lampang

May 31. 2018
Facebook Twitter

By The Nation

A farmer, 64, was reportedly electrocuted after coming in contact with an electric fence at a rice field in Lampang province on Wednesday night, police said on Thursday.

The victim, identified as Chandee Tha-arsa, was a resident of Ban Na Iang viallge in Tambon Serm Klang, Serm Ngam district.

She was found with her aluminium pot, lying beside an electric fence that had been erected to prevent cattle from bolting. Her right hand had burn marks from the electric shock. Her body was sent for autopsy to the district hospital.

Police believe the woman had gone out to catch freshwater crabs in the rice field and accidentally grabbed the electric fence and got electrocuted.

Police will consider taking legal action against the owner of the electric fence.

Facebook Twitter
More in News
Editor’s Picks
Top News