By The Nation
Police were alerted at 9am that a car had been parked overnight in the parking lot of Grass Mountain in Muang district.
When police unlocked the car they found the body of a man, later identified as Sutthipong Suk-aram, 32, in the driver's seat.
A doctor determined that the man died about 24 hours earlier.
The car's engine and air-conditioner were still on when the body was found and a charcoal stove, whose fire has been consumed, was also found inside the car.
His relatives told police that Sutthipong had a quarrel with his girlfriend recently.
Charcoal briquettes emit carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide is a toxic, invisible vapor that builds up indoors and can result in poisoning, unconsciousness, or death.