By The Thaiger
About 300 Navy officers are involved in removing the structure off the southeast coast of the island. The operation is expected to be finished today, according to a spokesperson.
The seastead will be kept at the Phuket deep sea port as evidence in the case against the builders, Ocean Builders, and the Thai-American couple who had been living there for a short time.
Phuket Vice Governor Supot Rodrueng na Nongkhai said documents will be submitted to the Office of the Attorney-General within one week.
But the company behind the project, Ocean Builders, has said it will sue Thailand in an international court if the government removes the seastead. The legal battle will put the Thai government's stance on the seastead to test in an international court of law.
Speaking on Friday at a press conference at the King Prajadhipok’s Institute, Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam said Thai officials had the right to remove the floating structure from the seas off the Thai mainland, because its presence clearly violated Article 119 of Thailand’s Criminal Code as threatening the Kingdom’s security and sovereignty.