Monday, October 14, 2019

Two suspects in Bangkok bomb attacks to appear in court on Thursday

Aug 14. 2019
Facebook Twitter

By THE NATION

560 Viewed

Police are to issue arrest warrants for three men they say are also suspects in the arson and bomb incidents in Bangkok earlier this month.

A police source said that police are gathering evidence against the three, who were allegedly involved at the operational level in the incidents on August 2. Their names have not yet been released

Senior metropolitan officer Pol Colonel Phobthorn Jitman said that police had amassed sufficient evidence against the two men in custody –two Muslims based in Narathiwat – and would bring them to attend the first court hearing at the Southern Bangkok Criminal Court on Thursday morning.

The officer said that he knew nothing about a news reports that a request had been made to transfer the case against these two men to the Crime Suppresssion Division.

A team of bomb disposal experts is stationed at Pathum Wan police station where one of the two men in custody is being detained, as is an army of reporters who will be covering the transport of the two men to the court tomorrow morning.

Lu-ai Sae-nage and Wildon Maha have reportedly been charged with criminal conspiracy, attempted murder, possessing explosives and carrying them around. Wildon Maha has been detained at Bang Rak police station under a criminal procedural rule requiring that those charged with such crimes be separately detained.

Tags:
Facebook Twitter
More in News
Editor’s Picks
Top News