By The Nation
A police source said the court last week approved warrants for the arrest of Mayaki Malasing, 25, Usman Jeteh, 30, Sattha Awae, 29 and Sukree Duramana, 25.
They are charged with being members of an unlawful syndicate, taking part in arson and causing explosions that harmed others and damaged others’ properties as well as having unlawful explosives.
To date, the Criminal Court has approved arrest warrants for 13 suspects. Two of them were arrested on August 2 and identified as Lu-ai Saenga and Wildun Maha.
On August 14, the court issued arrest warrants for Assamee Abuwa, Usman Pohlor, Hasae Baeloh and Ammaree Maming.
Later in August 20, the court approved arrest warrants for Ussaman Lateh, Hasan Awae and Nassaru Maprasit
The police source said investigators will next week ask the court to approve arrest warrants for more suspects. Police believe at least 20 individuals took part in the August 2 attacks.