By The Nation
Wasan has publicised a five-point plan to revamp the scheme.
• Contracts for purchasing fresh milk must be prepared according to a signed memorandum of understanding to prevent duplication in the awarding of sales rights.
• Entitlement to sell milk should be allocated at least one month before the start of each semester.
• Entrepreneurs entitled to purchase less than 50,000 cartons of milk per day should be permitted to distribute it to their nearest clients before larger suppliers.
• The proportions of pasteurised milk and UHT milk to be purchased must be clarified while the schools are closed for seasonal breaks.
• The Office of the Private Education Commission should be the official buyer since some schools have insufficient funds or poor financial management and cannot make payment.
Wasan also recommended a change in the period during which companies are penalised for contractual transgressions, which currently extends from one academic year to the next and thus does not give them a chance to correct their mistake.