By THE NATION
Scheduled to be grilled by the opposition on their performance of duties:
• Prayut Chan-o-cha, Prime Minister and Minister of Defence
• Prawit Wongsuwan, Deputy Prime Minister
• Wissanu Krea-ngam, Deputy Prime Minister
• Don Pramudwinai, Minister of Foreign Affairs
• Anupong Paochinda, Minister of Interior
• Thamanat Prompow, Deputy Minister of Agriculture and Cooperatives
Phumtham Wechayachai, adviser to the opposition leader, posted on Facebook that Prayut would be the primary target as the person in charge overall and because he had “previously failed in leading the government”.
“Thailand is at risk because of the inefficient administration of the current government,” Phumtham said.
Other ministers would be grilled over perceived corruption, the opposition said, especially Prawit.
Thamanat was bracing for questions about his apparent drug conviction in Australia, about which Teerajchai Phunthumas of the Future Forward Party said there was ample “evidence” to raise the matter for debate.