By THE NATION
“The ministry recently dispatched an order to provincial governors to prepare five measures in case the Covid-19 situation escalates,” Deputy Interior Minister Niphon Bunyamanee said. “These preparations are not for an all-day curfew.”
The five measures are:
1) Prepare quarantine facilities for Thais who have returned from abroad.
2) Coordinate with local administration offices and related agencies regarding steps to prevent Covid-19 from spreading in communities.
3) Prepare food supplies and product distribution centres.
4) Ready personnel in case the curfew is extended or expanded.
5) Report the situation and all problems to the ministry’s Covid-19 centre.
“The authority to announce extension or expansion of the curfew rests with the Covid-19 Administration Centre at Government House,” he said.
“The Interior Ministry centre will be mainly responsible for making sure people in all provinces have access to necessary consumer products and medical supplies, while local agencies are ready to comply with any new government policies,” he added.