By THE NATION
Instead, users should store the mask in a sealable bag when removing it to eat or drink.
The ministry also said people should pay heed to following steps:
1. Always wash hands before putting on a mask;
2. Only hold the mask from its ear loops, and hold both loops when putting on the mask;
3. Make sure the wire frame sits on your nose before putting the loops around your ears;
4. Press down on the wire frame to ensure it fits snugly;
5. Make sure the mask covers both nose and mouth, while the bottom of the ask sits just below the lower lip but above the chin;
6. Do not remove mask when talking to others;
7. Change the mask when it gets dirty or moist. It is recommended that people keep a spare of two to three masks a day;
8. Remove the mask by grabbing ear loops and carefully pulling them away from your face;
9. Fabric masks can be reused after washing, but sanitary face masks are not reusable;
10. Used face masks should be put in a plastic bag before being disposed in a covered bin. Hands must be thoroughly washed after disposal.