By FARIK ZOLKEPLI
The Senior Minister (Security) said the ones who tested positive have been sent to hospital for treatment.
"A majority of the returnees were placed at 61 hotels and five public training institutes in various states for mandatory quarantine.
"So far, 2,200 of them have been discharged and allowed to go home," he said in a statement Wednesday (Aug 12).
The police have also conducted 1,559 inspections on those who were home quarantined.
"Action has been taken against two people for failing to adhere to the standard operating procedures (SOPs)," he said.
Meanwhile, on the construction front, Ismail Sabri said the Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB) conducted checks at 39 construction sites on Wednesday.
"Some 34 sites followed SOPs while one did not, and has been issued a warning. Four other sites were not operational," he said.
Ismail Sabri also said that the supply of necessities in the country were sufficient.
"The Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs Ministry monitored 12 types of items daily at 697 business premises.
"The ministry's enforcement officers also inspected 1,388 premises to ensure that they followed SOPs. All of them followed SOPs except for eight premises, which have been issued with warnings.
"We hope the people and traders followed SOPs, including maintaining social distancing," he said.