By The Nation
Pol Maj-General Jirasan Kaewsangek, deputy commissioner of the Metropolitan Police Bureau, said Lat Phrao intersection connects with many routes and usually struggles with heavy traffic, especially during rush hour.
To avoid being caught in jams, motorists are advised to avoid:
• Phaholyothin Road (outbound) from Kamphaeng Phet to Ratchayothin intersection
• Phaholyothin Road (inbound) from Ha Yaek Lat Phrao (Lat Phrao five point crossing) to Ratchayothin intersection
• Lat Phrao Road from Ratchada-Lat Phrao to Ha Yaek Lat Phrao intersection
• Vibhavadi Rangsit Road (inbound), frontage road from Horwang Road to Ha Yaek Lat Phrao intersection
• Vibhavadi Rangsit Road (inbound), frontage road to Lat Phrao or Ratchayothin overpasses
• Lat Phrao intersection at the road level
Instead, motorists are urged to use:
• Ratchadaphisek Road
• Chokchai 4 Road
• Lat Phrao Wang Hin Road
• Senanikom Road
• Sutthisan Winitchai Road
• Vibhavadi Rangsit Road
• Kamphaeng Phet 2 Road
• Soi Chokchai Ruammit
• Soi Vibhavadi Rangsit 3
He added that traffic police officers will be deployed around the rally area to ensure there are no traffic jams.
Motorists can call Traffic Control and Command Centre’s 1197 hotline, use M-Help Me smartphone app or visit Traffic Police Division's website for more information.