Sunday, February 28, 2021

Bangsaen calls off New Year countdown event due to Covid-19 threat

Dec 20. 2020
Facebook Twitter

By The Nation

Bangsaen has cancelled the planned "Countdown 2021" event to prevent the spread of the Covid-19 virus.

A Saen Suk Municipality official in Bang Saen, Chon Buri province, announced the cancellation of New Year's Eve activities at the Laem Thian area where concerts and various activities, including a New Year's Eve fireworks display, had been planned.

The budget allocated for the celebrations would be transferred to other essential projects, the official said.

Tourists can still travel to the beach or relax at the end of the year as usual, the official said, while asking for cooperation by wearing a mask, washing the hands regularly and strictly following social distancing.

Tags:
Facebook Twitter
More in News
Editor’s Picks
wmg-logo
Top News
wmg-logo