By The Nation
Earlier on Wednesday, General Prayut told reporters at Government House that the authorities involved, particularly the Finance Ministry, were just in the process of preparing for seizure of Yingluck’s assets. Confiscation of her assets would actually start after the authorities are allowed by court to do so, he said.
However, in her latest Twitter message, Yingluck said what Prayut said was “not true”.
“It is not true what the NCPO leader said that seizure of my asset is only in preparation,” she tweeted, referring to Prayut, who also heads the ruling junta National Council for Peace and Order.
“My bank accounts have already been confiscated and the money in the accounts have been withdrawn,” she added in his message.
The ex-PM tweeted both in Thai and English in the evening, with a link to a news report about what General Prayut said.
Last year, the Finance Ministry issued an executive order seeking a civil liability of Bt35 billion from Yingluck, as compensation for damages caused to the state stemming from her government’s rice-pledging scheme.