By The Nation
The company says the project will appeal to people with what it calls the “6 MITR factors”. These include its prime location for a mixed-use project; the diverse demographics of its target group, which includes office staff, residents and guests of condominium and hotels; university students; and the general public. The retail space that stays open around the clock and will satisfy the needs of new-generation consumers. Samyan Mitrtown is slated for opening on September 20.
Thanapol Sirithanachai, president of Goldenland Property Development, said that the project,on which construction began in 2016, has been designed to showcase the 6 MITR factors. These consist of:
1) MITR direct link, which refers to its prime location right next to Samyan MRT station. Samyan Mitrtown has allocated a budget of Bt300 million to build a tunnel linking Samyan Mitrtown with the MRT station to ensure ease of access for customers coming in through the MRT. In October, the subway extension on the Bangseu-Tha Phra Blue Line is scheduled for opening, which will result in customers’ greater mobility and increased traffic.
2) MITR mixed-use complex covers 222,000 square metres offices, residential units and retail zones plus a large multi-purpose hall. There’s parking for 1,578 cars. The complex seeks to maximise space utilization.
3) MITR Modern grade A office refers to the office zone, or Mitrtown Office Tower. The top-grade 31-storey office tower with a gross floor area of 48,000 square metres for rent accounts for 30 per cent of the project’s total area. The office tower uses an intelligent system that’s linked to office equipment in the building for customers’ added convenience. It is expected that there will be approximately 5,000 office staff and visitors per day, the company said.
4) MITRT Own Neo-Explorer Condominium, with 33 floors, accounts for 15 per cent of the project’s total area. The condominium has the residential zone or “Triple Y Residence” condominium with 516 rooms. About 50 per cent of the condo units have been sold in presale. The move-in date is around early September.
5) MITR upscale design hotel refers to the project’s hotel zone that plays host to a design hotel called Triple Y Hotel with 102 rooms. The hotel and condominium zones boast separate communal areas for privacy and security of the residents. The hotel is set for opening in early September.
6) MITR meaningful retail space represents the six-storey retail zone that has 36,000 square metres of net leasable area accounting for 30 per cent of the project’s area. The retail space spans from B1 to the fourth floor. The fifth floor is home to a multi-purpose hall while the rooftop hosts a large garden. The multi-purpose hall has a gross floor space of 5,000 square metres. Another highlight of the retail zone is its 24-hour zone that features Thailand’s leading stores and that is ready for opening.
“Samyan Mitrtown is the first and most perfect mixed-use project on Rama IV Road. It has the potential to attract the constant flow of target customers including office staff, university students, freelancers, start-up entrepreneurs, tourists, residents of [the project’s] condominium and hotel and locals of the Samyan neighborhood,” says Thanapol said.
“These are the people with high purchasing power. Samyan Mitrtown retail space is ready for the grand opening. We are confident that our store partners who have partnered with us will be the ones who create a new legend for Samyan so that the area is given a new lease on life and continues to prosper together with us.”
It is expected 30,000 customers will come in each day, including those using the services in the 24-hour zone.
Meanwhile, as part of its marketing strategy, the company plans to organise events regularly in the 24-hour zone to raise awareness of the zone and connect with target customers. These events include activities in the morning, at mid-day and in the evening with thematic events during key festivals. The development of the 24-hour zone aims to satisfy the needs of customers who are different from those in the past, the company said. “This will enable Samyan Mitrtown to emerge as a new destination for the new generation,” the company said.
“In addition, Samyan Mitrtown has set aside a budget of Bt200 million for organising a string of activities and marketing campaigns that continue until the end of the year.”