Mon, August 08, 2022

in-focus

Woman hospitalised after eating poisonous mushrooms


A woman in the Wang Nam Khiao district of Nakhon Ratchasima province suffered from food poisoning after eating mushrooms and had to be rushed to a hospital on Friday morning.

Rescuers from a foundation in the district took Orasa Thongtem, 42, from her house in Ban Takood Rang village in Tambon Udomsup to the Wang Nam Khiao Hospital.
Her relatives said she suffered from diarrhoea and vomiting for three days after eating mushrooms collected from a nearby forest. She was in a stable condition in the hospital.
Doctor Wicharn Kidhen, the director of the hospital, said Orasa was the first victim of poisonous mushrooms in the district this year. Each year, several villagers fall ill from eating poisonous mushrooms, he said.

Woman hospitalised after eating poisonous mushrooms

Published : September 01, 2017

By : The Nation