According to earlier information from the capital’s 647th patient, a male singer and actor, he took a birthday cake to a friend at a condominium in Lat Phrao district on January 8 and joined a party at Banyan Tree Hotel that night.
New, added information made clear that he was at home on January 12 when he started to develop a fever. He also had a cough, a sore throat, phlegm and mucus. On January 13, his sense of smell disappeared. A test on January 20 showed he was infected, and he was admitted to hospital.
Bangkok’s 657th patient, a male PR manager, originally stated that he went to a friend’s birthday party on January 16 and returned home, where he stayed from January 17-21.
The new, detailed timeline says that on the afternoon of January 9, he visited The Commons shopping complex in Wattana district. On January 10 he went to the Sa-Ti Handcraft coffee shop in Phaya Thai district. On January 11 and 12 he stayed and worked from home. On the evening of January 12 he visited Tops market at Central Rama 9. On January 14-15, he worked from home. On January 16, he attended a friend’s birthday party at the Renaissance Ratchaprasong Hotel and returned home around midnight. From January 17-19, he worked at home. On January 20 he visited the Laze BKK Café in Phaya Thai district. On January 21 he dined at MK restaurant, Central Rama 9, and on January 22 he went for a check and was found to be infected. He was subsequently hospitalised.
The 658th patient, a male government official, originally said he attended a friend’s birthday party at Banyan Tree Hotel. He did not provide any details about where he stayed or which places he visited from January 10-12 and January 14-21.
The new information provides more details: on January 15 he stayed home in Ratchathewi district and was found to have food poisoning at midnight. On January 16, a friend [who was later confirmed to be infected] came to check up on him. On January 17, he went to Chatuchak Weekend Market at around 5pm. He dined at the Factory Moo-katha [Thai-style BBQ] restaurant in Bang Pho from 6.30pm to 8pm that day. On January 18 he worked at a government office in Pathumwan area, and ate som tam at Nong Ree Joy Ratchayothin from 7.30pm-9pm. On January 19 he again worked at the government office, then went to a hospital to get medicine for a friend. He also had a doctor’s appointment at noon that day, then ate som tam at a street stall from 7pm-7.30pm before heading back to his accommodation. On January 21 he stayed home in Ratchathewi and received news that his friend was infected with Covid-19. He went for a test and was admitted to hospital on January 22 after the results showed he too was infected.
Published : January 28, 2021
By : The Nation