Friday, November 15, 2019

Young Macaque electrocuted by power cable in Chon Buri

May 06. 2018
Facebook Twitter

By Chamnan Jai-eua
The Nation

1,813 Viewed

A crab-eating macaque died of electrocution near a power pole in Chon Buri’s Sriracha district on Sunday morning.

It is believed that the macaque headed out of a nearby forest in search of food, touched an electric cable and was killed. 

Pichet Konklong, a local resident, said he noticed the animal lying still on the road at about 9am and decided to alert authorities. 

“I stopped my motorcycle to check what I could do. But it was already dead,” he said. 

Officials said the animal was just a few years old. 

Electrocution burns were visible on its right cheek and right leg. 

Authorities have received several reports about electrocuted macaques in recent years. 

Tags:
Facebook Twitter
More in News
Editor’s Picks
Top News