By The Nation
The NACC on Thursday posted debt and asset statements of 414 MPs that were reported to the anti-graft body as required by the constitution.
According to announcement by the NACC, 10 MPs informed the NACC that they have assets higher than Bt1 billion – nine are coalition MPs and one opposition MP. They are:
1) Natee Ratchakitprakan, Bhumjai Thai party-list MP and wife of Tourism and Sports Minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakan. She informed the NACC that she has Bt4.674 billion in assets broken down as Bt71.597 billion of her own assets and Bt4.6 billion in assets belonging to her husband. The two have debts of Bt177 billion.
2) Bhumjai Thai party-list MP Anutin Charnvirakul, deputy prime minister and public health minister. He declared to the NACC that he has Bt4.248 billion of assets and debt of Bt50.255 billion. His assets include two planes worth Bt160 million and two boats worth Bt32.5 million.
3) Phalang Pracharat party-list MP Suriya Juangroongruangkit, industry minister. He announced he has assets worth Bt2.198 billion.
4) Democrat party-list MP Apichai Techa-ubol. He has assets worth Bt2.048 billion.
5) Phalang Pracharat party-list MP Nataphol Teepsuwan, education minister. He has Bt1.984 billion worth of assets.
6) Democrat party-list MP Khunying Kalaya Sophonpanich, deputy education minister. She has assets worth Bt1.784 billion.
7) Bhumjai Thai party-list MP Supamas Issaraphakdee. She has Bt1.6 billion worth of assets.
8) Kittisak Kanasawat, Mahasarakham MP of opposition Pheu Thai Party. He has assets worth Bt1.529 billion.
9) Democrat party-list MP Korn Chatikavanij. He has assets worth Bt1.09 billion worth of assets.
10) Chart Pattana party-list MP Thewan Liptapanlop. He declared he has Bt1.03 billion worth of assets.
Phisanu Polthee, Bhumjai Thai MP from Pathum Thani, declared that he has only Bt5,064 in his Kasikorn bank account as his only assets. He declared that he stays with his mother and he is borrowing a car from his friend to use.
Another interesting declaration was made by Thammanas Phromphao, deputy agriculture minister and Phalang Prachrat’s MP for Phayao. He declared the assets of two wives and became the first political officer holder to declare assets of more than one wife. The new anti-graft law requires political office holders to declare assets of spouses with whom they have not registered marriage legally as well.
Thammanas declared that he and two wives have assets worth Bt859 million and debt of Bt79.26 million. His own assets are Bt644.92 million worth, his first wife, Arisara Phromphao has B189.95 million worth of assets and his second wife, Thanaporn Sriwilart has assets worth Bt63.68 million.