By The Naion
The Cabinet recently approved the extension of stay for foreigners stranded in Thailand until September 26.
Foreigners have to submit an application for extension or prepare for departure and make a 90-day notification of residence within the specified period of time.
1. Short-term visa holders (tourist visa, transit visa, visa on arrival) and those granted visa exemption have to prepare to depart the Kingdom by September 26, except if the following reasons apply:
1.1 In case of illness:
- Bring a medical certificate to contact a local immigration office
1.2 In case of having other obstacles such as no flights available or having an outbreak situation:
- Contact an embassy or consulate to issue a letter of confirmation and request for a temporary stay and bring it to the local immigration office. Each permission will be granted for not more than 30 days.
2. Long-term visa holders have to submit an application for extension.
Application for extension should be submitted at each local immigration office. All types of visa extension will be effective from September 27. To avoid overcrowding, applicants have been urged to apply in advance.
3. Notification of residence:
- A 90-day notification of residence for the period March 26 to July 31 must be made from August 1-31, through specified channels.