Tuesday, September 21, 2021

in-focus

Rejected registrants for government cash handout given another chance to make their case


People whose application for the government’s cash handout scheme was rejected during the screening process will be able to submit additional evidence to show that they are affected by Covid-19 situation.

2619

View

Minister of Finance secretary Thanakorn Wangboonkongchan said on Friday that the campaign had already disbursed the first lot of Bt5,000 handouts to 1.4 million registrants via the website www.เราไม่ทิ้งกัน.com (we do not leave anyone behind).
“From April 10 onwards, those who failed the eligibility screening process can submit additional evidence to prove that they fit the criteria,” he said. “The system will send out SMS or emails to those who need to provide additional evidence to verify their eligibility.”
Thanakorn added that this option will be available only to registrants whose status is shown as "Require additional evidences". The registration status can be checked on the website.
The campaign is offering eligible citizens whose livelihoods were impacted by the Covid-19 outbreak Bt5,000 a month for three months. To be eligible, candidates must be Thai nationals, aged over 18, be self-employed, freelancers or non-permanent employees who are not insured under social security.

Published : April 11, 2020

By : THE NATION