Wednesday, September 22, 2021

in-focus

Nearly 5 million resubmit applications for cash handouts with fresh evidence


The government’s Bt5,000 handout campaign will allow approved applicants to forfeit their right to receive the cash, Lavaron Sangsnit, director-general of Fiscal Policy Office and Ministry of Finance spokesman, said on Friday (April 24).

3240

View

“The ‘forfeit my right’ button will be added to the website www.เราไม่ทิ้งกัน.com, which is used to register for receiving the handout,” he said. “We are providing this option for approved applicants who do not wish to receive the money in case of death, or being state enterprise employees who are already entitled to other government sponsored benefits.”
This campaign is offering eligible citizens whose livelihoods were impacted by the Covid-19 outbreak Bt5,000 a month for three months. To be eligible, candidates must be Thai nationals aged over 18, be self-employed, freelance or non-permanent employees who are not insured under social security.
Handouts of approved registrants might be confiscated if it is later proved that they did not fit the criteria or had already received government-sponsored benefits. They could also face the charge of using falsified information in violation of Computer-related Crime Act BE 2550 (2007).
Lavaron added that so far over 28.8 million people had registered to receive the handouts, while the ministry has disbursed the first month's handouts to over 6.8 million approved applicants.
“There are also 6.3 million people who were not considered for the handouts but who can apply for reconsideration,” he added. “We provide a second chance for disqualified persons to make their cases by submitting additional documents to confirm that they fit the criteria. So far, 4.8 million people have submitted new evidence and we will start the reconsideration process as soon as we can.”

Published : April 25, 2020

By : THE NATION