The community has also set the following criteria:
• Hotel and resort operators are required to ensure guests leave the island on Monday and no bookings are taken until the situation is resolved. Tourists with Covid-19 symptoms are required to inform the authorities immediately.
• Residents are not allowed to leave the island unless absolutely necessary, while outsiders wanting to enter the island must seek permission from the Covid-19 administration centre at the pier.
• Every individual on the island must monitor their symptoms, and those with a cough, fever or sore throat must contact the community's medical centre via (038) 434 144.
• Residents must avoid gatherings or outdoor activities unless absolutely necessary and cannot venture out of their home from 10pm to 5am.
• Hawkers and stall operators from Pattaya city are not allowed to enter the island, though mail and goods can be dropped off at the pier.
• Speed boat operators have been told to suspend services, with people required to seek permission from the Covid-19 administration centre if they wish to use one. Ferry services to and from Pattaya City have been cut down to three daily – 7am, noon and 6pm.
• Operators of floating restaurants have been told to suspend their services. Restaurants are only allowed to provide takeaway services.
• Transporting migrant workers is banned.
• Island residents must strictly follow the guidelines.
Published : January 04, 2021
By : The Nation