“We are surveying other areas to set up 3-4 more field hospitals, with an estimated capacity of 1,700 beds,” he said after a key meeting. “Officials are in talks with local communities to ensure mutual understanding.”
The meeting also acknowledged 32 new Covid-19 patients in Bangkok on Tuesday, most of whom travelled to high-risk provinces such as Samut Sakhon, Chon Buri, Rayong, Chanthaburi and Trat, and urged officials working at eight checkpoints across the province to maintain strict screening procedures for travellers coming from other provinces.
The eight checkpoints are:
- Phutthamonthon Sai 3 intersection, Borommaratchachonnani Road, Thawi Watthana district.
- In front of Asia University, Phetkasem Road, Nong Khaem district.
- In front of PTT gas station, Rama II Road Soi 92, Bangkhuntian district.
- In front of Suksa Naree Wittaya School, Ekachai Road, Bang Bon district.
- Warehouse Gate 8, Vibhavadi Rangsit Road, Don Muang district.
- Intersection under Maha Nakhon Expressway, Suwintawong Road, Nong Jok district.
- In front of Je Ngor Restaurant, Bang Na-Trat Road.
- In front of PTT gas station, Kanchanapisek Road, Talingchan district.
Published : January 13, 2021
By : THE NATION